At this time, our life is moving like speed of light, and in this rush of life we often don’t even think about our health. Most of us joins gym and many other fitness centers for their healthy life and use protiens and steroids for muscles and fitness. But, we mostly forgot that Â they also have side effects even though we take them, cause we don’t like green veggies as they don’t taste good. So, here is the solution, make delicious halwa of Moong which is full of protein and many other vitamins and minerals, and stay fit without taking any artificial source of energy booster or muscle builder.
- 500 gm Moong dal (green)
- 500 gm sugar
- 500 gm ghee
- saffron soaked in a little milk
- elaichi powder
- water about 250 ml.
- Soak the dal for 5-6 hours.
- Wash and remove the skins well.
- Grind dal fine either in a stone grinder or electric grinder or mixie.
- Use as little water as possible.
- Put sugar and water in a pan and put to boil.
- Once sugar dissolve add a few tblsp. of milk.
- As the syrup boils the scum will rise.
- Remove with a strain.
- Further boil till the syrup become sticky between the fingers.
- (One thread should fall when poured from a tilted spoon) keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy kadai (vessel) and add dal.
- Keep stirring rigorously to avoid burning.
- Once the dal stops sticking to the vessel, stir gradually till golden brown, and ghee begins to separate.
- Pour the hot syrup, add elaichi and dissolved saffron.
- Stir very carefully, not allowing hand to be scalded. Cook slowly till all water is absorbed.
- Decorate with chopped dry fruit.
- Serve hot especially on a cold day.