- 1 kg juicy orange carrots
- 1 1/2 litre milk
- 400-500 gm sugar
- elaichi powder (cardomon)
- saffron few flakes
- few drops orange colour (optional)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Peel and grate carrots
- Put milk and carrots in a heavy saucepan. Boil till thick, stirring occassionally.
- Once it starts thickening, stir continuously.
- Add sugar and cook
further till thickens. Add ghee, elaichi, saffron and colour.
- Stir on low heat till the mixture collects in a soft ball or the ghee oozes out.
- Serve hot, decorated with a chopped almond or pista.