- 3 cups self-raising flour (maida)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup curds fresh
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (soda – bicarb)
- warm milk for kneading.
- Sieve together dry ingredients into a large rimmed plate. Add butter curds, oil and crumble with fingers.
- When does is like course crumbs, add milk a little at a time, till a soft pliable dough is formed.
- Cover with wet muslin cloth.
- Cover with another plate and keep aside for 5 – 6 hours.
- Knead dough lightly. Break of piece, the size of a medium potato and roll into a thick triangle, using dry dough if required.
- Place on a pre-warmed griddle (tawa). Apply water on the top part with hands Invert naan and stick to griddle.
- Invert griddle and roast over the gas flame direct (or nothing like toasting over bar-b-que coals).
- Serve hot with a blob of butter on it.