- 1 1/4 cup gramflour
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour (maida)
- 250 gms. ghee
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom seeds crushed coarsely
- 2 tsp. charmagaz (combination of 4 types of seeds) refer glossary
- 4″ squares cut from a thin polythene sheet
- Sift both flours together.
- Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan.
- Add flour mixture and roast on low till light golden.
- Keep aside to cool a little, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare syrup simultaneously.
- Make syrup out of sugar, water and milk as shown in introduction.
- Bring syrup to 2 1/2 thread consistency.
- Pour at once into the flour mixture.
- Beat well with a large fork till the mixture forms threadlike flakes.
- Pour onto a greased surface or thali and roll to 1″ thickness lightly.
- Sprinkle the charmagaz seeds and elaichi and gently press down with palm.
- Cool, cut into 1″ squares, wrap individually into square pieces of thin plastic sheet.
- Store in airtight container.
Makes: 20 Pieces
Time: 45 Min. Approx