- 1 cup yellow gram (chana) dak
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dill leaves finely chopped
- 3-4 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- oil o deep fry
Wash and soak dal for 3-4 hours.
Keep 2 tbsp. dal aside, grind the rest,coarsely.
Mix all other ingredients, including whole dal.
Add 2-3 tbsp. hot oil to the mixture.
Heat oil, make pattie shaped rounds with moist palm.
Let carefully into the hot oil.
Fry first one side then the other till golden brown.
Serve hot with green chutney, tamarind chutney, or ketchup
Making time: 20 minutes (excluding soaking time)
Makes: 15 vadas (approx.)
Shelflife: Best fresh