- Milk – 1 1/2 litre
- White Vinegar – 3 tbsp.
- Sugar – 3 cups
- Flour (Maida) 2 tbsp.
- Crushed Green Cardamoms – 1 tsp.
- Pistachios – 10-12
- Boil milk and cool it.
- Add vinegar to the milk, slowly little by little and keep stirring.
- Filter the mixture using a muslin cloth and squeeze out the water (whey).
- Place the cheese (paneer) on a board and while still hot, knead it till no granules are left.
- Repeat the process after adding the flour to it.
- Make small balls from the mixture and flatten it.
- Make thin sugar syrup. In a small bowl mix little flour with water and add this to the boiling sugar syrup.
- Add crushed cardamoms to the syrup.
- Add the rasmalais to the sugar syrup. Garnish with grated pistachios.